Thursday, October 06, 2005

 

Little Phillies

As you have probably guessed from its name, the house specialty here is Philly cheesesteak, which they serve in a half-dozen different ways. It's a pretty good cheesesteak, a mammoth sub of meat, vegetables, cheese, and grease. Add a side of their wavy-cut fries, and you'll have a lunch too good to tell your cardiologist about.

One interesting option is the cheese steak salad. They take the meat, cheese, and everything else, and drop it onto a really big garden salad. It's even more filling than having it on a roll. My favorite one to order is a pizza steak salad, where they cook pizza sauce in with the meat. I just love it on top of a salad with honey-mustard dressing. Maybe it's just me, though, because I often find myself having to repeat that to an astonished cashier.

There are plenty of other common lunch items on the menu. They have several other sorts of sandwiches, plus burgers, hot dogs, Buffalo wings, and shrimp. I've been meaning to try some of these, but every time I go there, I find the lure of their cheesesteak too hard to resist, whether it's on bread or lettuce. Maybe it's because this place is run by an authentic Philadelphia transplant who learned how to make them at the source.

Contact:
10255 Industrial Blvd.
Covington, GA
770-786-0095

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?